Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
The professional and personal challenges, the high and lows, the failures and the success?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1800 past events in 120 countries around the world in 2014.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in over 200 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
Startup Weekend is back. For the first time in a Hyderabad which is part of the new state Telangana. Thanks to ISB for agreeing to host the venue. ISB has been in the fore front in supporting startups in Hyderabad.
How does it work? We aim to bring together enthusiasts like you to share ideas, form teams, build products, and, most importantly, launch startups.
- Friday: Attendees pitch their ideas and inspire others to join their teams. Teams are therefore created to work on the best ideas.
- Saturday and Sunday: This is where you build, build, build. And build some more. As this is a Maker Edition, teams will focus on building a prototype of their idea/product. During this period teams will also focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup methodologies and building a minimum viable product.
- Sunday: In the evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Why should you register?
- Build your network: Startup Weekend attracts the best makers and do-ers. By spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real world problems, you will build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with a job or even an investor.
- Actually launch a business: Over 36% of Startup Weekends are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup after the weekend.
- Get face time with thought leaders: Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
- Join a global community: Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
- Learn: Startup Weekends are all about learning through the art of creating. Build your own strategy and test it as you go.
Why should you attend? To answer that question, let us ask you two questions:
- Do you have that killer idea that can change the world and make you rich?
- Do you have the startup bug and want to know what it takes to become an entrepreneur?
If your answer to any of the two questions above was “Yes”, then trust us ISB is the place for you to be. So, get your tickets before they sell out and get your startup dream started! Register now!
Past Events – No Talk, All Action!